4 Midan el Daher Cairo, Egypt. It's first Gabaii was Haim Soliman
Egypt 1949-50 - Pictures © provided by Mr. Albert Savdie (1996)
The Ahava ve Ahba is the first Jewish Egyptian congregation in the United States. Established in 1963 on a rented space provided by the Magen David congregation on 2066 67 street in Brooklyn NY 11204.
Rabbi David Choueka accepting the deed of the Ahava from Mr. Edmund Saffra pres. of Republic National Bank
Visiting Rabbi Obadia Yosef Chief Rabbi of Israel is being rosted by Hacham Joseph Hamoui Front looking up is Mr. Chaya Israel, next to Gabriel Chehebar, Rabbi Jacob Kassin sitting on left next to Rabbi Rubin, center is Rabbi Ovadia Yosef Chief Rabbi of Israel speaker is Joseph Hamaoui Rabbi Halfon Savdie is next and Isaac Salem on right standing. -1975
Rabbi Kalmanovitch of Mir Yeshiva addressing the Ahaba ve Ahva congregation during the inaugural of the new synagogue